The price and costs for preimplantation genetic diagnosis (screening) in IVF program
- How much does PGD testing cost?
- Logistics of the program
- Advantages of preimplantation diagnosis
- Results of PGD
- Is it necessary to perform PGS-NGS for the embryos obtained in the next program, if the patient had previously held PGD by FISH, and the embryos revealed no defects?
- Is it possible to choose and selection by other characteristics - gender, eye color and other physical traits? Is there a risk that the embryos will be selected from this perspective?
The research of the embryo by the NGS method costs 386 euros.
In the NGC clinic we have a number of IVF program "packages" in which PGD / PGS NGS are already included.
For example, let’s consider an IVF program with personal egg cells and PGS for two embryos(In Vitro Fertilization with Preimplantation Genetic screening).
- Medical coordination
- ovarian Stimulation
- ovarian puncture
- IVF Fertilization
- Cultivation of the embryos
- biopsy of the trophectoderm
- Sequencing of two embryos by the PGS-NGS method
- Embryo Transfer
- Freezing of any remaining embryos for 1 year
- ICSI price - 386 EUR
- Examination before the IVF procedure cost - 150 EUR
The program also includes the following services for free:
- An individual treatment plan
- Help with travel arrangements
- Support via email or phone after your return to your home country
- Program in the NGC
- Program in which you visit for 39-43 days,on the basis of the Home Program
- A Program in which you visit for 6 days
- Program with a visit only for the egg and embryo transfer
Duration of the program 39-43 days
Duration of the program: 6 days
- Ovarian stimulation - 11-15 days
- Puncture of the ovaries - 1 day
- Cultivation - 5 days
- PGS Screening - 3 weeks
- Embryo transfer - 1 day
- You come to St. Petersburg only for the collection of the egg cells, fertilized by the sperm of the husband and for the embryo transfer.
IVF program packages of the clinic on PGD / PGS:
- 12 frozen egg cells with ICSI with PGD / PGS genetic screening for two embryos price - 5060 EUR
- A personalized program with fresh donor egg cells (12 egg cells of the donor) and sequencing for two embryos cost- 5673 euros
What is PGS/NGS and what do the separate steps look like?
PGD / PGS-NGS diagnosis is applied within the IVF procedure. At the first stage, the woman passes a hormonal stimulation and from her ovaries which were stimulated to function more intensively, material is taken, from which the oocyte develops (the so-called egg collection procedure). After being collected in the embryology laboratory the cells are prepared as necessary and fertilized with the sperm donated by the partner of the patient. From them the embryos develop. After 5 days , at the blastocyst stage material for analysis is obtained from the embryos. It is sent to the NGC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, where it is prepared and analyzed in a special device. Only the embryos devoid of genetic abnormalities are transferred into the patient, therefore the pair gets a better chance to get a healthy child who will not suffer from syndromes/ disorders which result from the number of chromosomes or specific gene mutations.
- obtaining the material for study;
- examination in the laboratory.
PGD allows to identify the following diseases / pathologies with a 97% accuracy:
- Fanconi anemia;
- Gettington disease;
- Gaucher's disease;
- muscular dystrophy;
- cystic fibrosis;
- retinitis pigmentosa;
- polycystic kidney disease;
- Down's syndrome;
- Edwards' syndrome;
- Alpert's syndrome;
- torsion dystonia;
- as well as up to a 150 various genetic diseases.
The cost of PGD IVF?
The cost of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis varies between 50 - 110 thousand rubles.
And if this amount at the beginning seems to be too big , after analysing the nursing costs for a lifelong care for a sick child, it becomes clear that it is quite an acceptable and even a very profitable investment.
A child with a genetically caused disease will be in a lifelong need of constant care, treatment, accessories and equipment for the organization of his daily life, all of which may be hundreds of times more expensive than the cost of PGS. The cost of pre-implantation genetic diagnosis is better to clarify with your attending physician or by having a look on the the NGC reproduction clinic’s site in the Services section, PGS for 23 Chromosome Pairs. This way, we can say with confidence that the price of preimplantation genetic diagnosis - is the health of the future child.
The cost of preimplantation diagnosis of the embryos is not so huge that you are forced to refuse to do it. The health of your baby is of a much greater value. IVF with PGD - is the ability to timely detect a mutation in the case of its presence, but also to gain confidence that your future child is healthy, if the result is negative.
Take the chance, which IVF - PGD gives you! It’s price is not that high. Remember that you have an advantage over the women who become pregnant in a natural way, because they can not carry out a preimplantation diagnosis. You meanwhile have the opportunity to test the embryo within the IVF program. IVF and PGD costs a little bit more, but it's worth it!
- Selection and transfer to the uterus only the embryos without chromosomal abnormalities
- Reducing the risk of giving birth to a child with certain genetic defects
- Reducing the risk of miscarriage (by 2 times)
- Reducing the risk of multiple pregnancy (by 2 times)
- Increasing the chance for successful implantation (by 10%)
- Increasing the chances of safe birth of a child (by 15-20%).
Preimplantation / preimplantation genetic diagnosis reveals the following pathologies:
- violation of preimplantation development of the embryo and, as a consequence, pathology of the implant;
- spontaneous abortion in the early stages;
- up to 150 different chromosomal diseases in the embryo.
Molecular genetic diagnosis PGD in the Clinic significantly increases pregnancy rate with IVF, minimizes the risks of miscarriages and the birth of children with pathologies. The reliability of PGD in the Clinic - is 95-97%.
Is it necessary to perform PGS-NGS for the embryos obtained in the next program, if the patient had previously held PGD by FISH, and the embryos revealed no defects?
Each embryo has a unique DNA code and is different from the other. PGD research in case of a significant risk of a genetic defect in the fetus, should be performed on all embryos (ie, in the next program during IVF). Only this way it is possible to identify potential defects.
Is it possible to choose and selection by other characteristics - gender, eye color and other physical traits? Is there a risk that the embryos will be selected from this perspective?
Even the theoretical possibility is very limited, as it concerns the genes that are given by the parents and not the entire spectrum of choices of the physical characteristics. Furthermore, PGD in Poland is not performed for a child to look a certain way or have a certain gender. The analysis is aimed exclusively at the diagnosis of the embryo in terms of the genetic burden, which could lead to the development of genetic diseases. It is conducted on specific medical indications and not because of someone's whim.