Pregnancy with donor eggs in IVF program
To optimize work of the donor programs in the clinic we have set up a big bank of anonymous donor oocytes, which are constantly updated from a database of more than 300 donors, who are young healthy women with their own children, who want to share their reproductive potential, to make other people happy Parents.
- Pregnancy with donor eggs in IVF program.
- Who can become an egg Donor?
- When is a donor egg used?
- Indications can be divided into three large groups:
- The practice of IVF with a donor egg in NGC
- Selection of the egg donor
- Donor egg pregnancy success rate
- A little bit about the anonymity of the donor programs
- Program with donor eggs in an IVF clinic-Where to start?
Who can become an egg Donor?
According to the Russian legislation, anonymous donors in our clinic are young women who are 20 to 30 yrs old that have their own healthy children, and have gone through a full examination in accordance with the requirements of the Russian legislation. It corresponds with the requirements of the European Society of Human Reproduction. Average age of the anonymous donors in NGC clinic is 28 years.
The availability of a bank of vitrified donor oocytes allows the treatment programs of assisted reproductive technologies to be done in the shortest time for the patient and without long waiting times of selection of native donor.
When is a donor egg cell necessary?
Unfortunately, there are many cases in which the birth of a healthy baby is impossible without the use of genetic material of another person.
Indications can be divided into three large groups:
1. Lack of oocytes or a sufficient number of them for different reasons different reasons.
This group is primarily represented by women who had premature ovarian failure (up to the age of 40 years) or normal involutive depletion (over 40 years). In these cases, we often talk about the absence of a sufficient number of oocytes (Primordial follicles). Depletion may be genetically caused, but often can be the result of operations on the ovaries, chemotherapeutic or due to radiation exposure. When the ovaries are removed (ovariectomy) or there is an ultrahigh impact of damaging factors, we face a complete lack of follicles and oocytes thereafter. Less often happens a complete absence of oocytes during anomalies of gonad development and genetic syndromes (Turner syndrome).
2. There is a risk of transmission of a severe genetic disorder; The risk of transmitting genetic diseases can be eliminated with the help of prenatal diagnosis or preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Often this type of Diagnosis is not possible to perform (does not eliminate pathologies), or may be unacceptable for cultural, religious or other reasons.
3. Previous methods have proved ineffective or have a minimal likelihood of success.
For patients of the third group, the decision to apply for the donor program is the hardest thing. . Unsuccessful IVF protocols due to lack of response to ovarian stimulation, poor quality oocytes - embryos lack of signs of pregnancy as a result of several attempts are an indication for recommendation fot the use of donor oocytes. IVF with donor egg cells is often the only optimal solution to the problem of infertility for women over 40. In the age of 44 pregnancy after conventional use of IVF comes to 3%. Research has shown that the age of patients sharply increases the "Cost" of thechild which come as a result of ART programs. The use of donor oocytes by Women older than 40 years is economically much more justified than the us of their own oocytes.
The practice of IVF with donor egg cell in NGC
Efficiency of donor programs at our clinic is 50-60 %% in the transfer cycle of embryos without cryopreserved embryos. Considering cryopreserved Embryos - 60-70% per cycle of donor stimulation.
In our clinic by the order of the Ministry of Health the Russian Federation N67 on the use of ART anonymous donors are young women between 20 and 35 years of age who already have healthy children. It meets the requirements of the European Society of Human Reproduction (ESHRE Task Force on Ethics and Law 2002). The average age of anonymous donors at NGC clinic is 28 years.
Selection of the egg cell donor
To date, NGC clinic has implemented a convenient and functional service on the website of Donor selection from the catalog online, by determining the following parameters:
Characteristics of the donor's appearance
- blood type and Rh factor
- hair Colors
- eye Colors
- Height and weight characteristics
NEXT GENERATION CLINIC Clinic considers the direction associated with donor egg cells, as one of the priorities, because for 10 years, the clinic's experts have parsed together a large database of potential donors, whose egg cells were then vitrified by means of modern technologies.The staff at the clinic helps thepatients choose their adequate donor for free and inform them about available options of IVF programs with donor egg cells.The main ones we will discuss below:
- IVF with the use of 12 donor oocytes.Used by patients who can not stimulate themselves. A selected donor, is stimulated in a native cycle or the oocytes of the donor in the bank are thawed.A fixed number of oocytes is guaranteed, which provides transplant of 5-day embryos, and freezing of the embryos for use in future protocols.
- IVF during a natural cycle with 6 donor oocytes. In this program, the patient is stimulated and the donor cells are used to provide embryo transfer from the cells of the patient or the donor. Often this program ispsychologically comfortable.
- Personalized program of IVF with 12 donor oocytes, is when a personal program coordinator picks a donor which looks like the patient by a photo of the patient and shows the patient extended donor Profile as well as grown up photos of the donor.
An important advantage of our clinic is the screening of the donor for presence of 35 most frequently encountered in the population monogenic diseases.If a donor is a carrier of such the recipient or the husband of the recipient is examined in order to avoid having a child with such a monogenic disease.Many people have one or another concealed genetic mutation or disease so it is important not to have identical matches, as in this case there is 25% risk of the child being born with this this recessive disease. The donors that have been checked in the database have a spiral DNA icon, which shows that the donor has been examined.
Donor egg pregnancy success rate
Will a woman become pregnant with the help of this procedure depends on a whole number of factors, including patient's age, the quality of the sexual gametes, which are used in the program. In addition the importance of scientific and technical base of the medical institution where IVF reproduction is performed and the professionalism of the Physicians performing the procedure can not be underestimated.
When using donor program (IVF with donor egg cells) chances are usually higher, as in this case, artificial (in vitro) fertilization is carried out using genetic material of young and healthy people.
Furthermore, the chances of pregnancy after IVF increase if before Embryo transfer a preimplantation genetic diagnosis is carried out. Through this examination, doctors can detect chromosomal abnormalities before implantation and then transfer only the healthiest embryos into the uterus . Efficiency of donor programs at our clinic is 50% -60% on the transfer cycle of embryos without cryopreserved ones and if with cryopreserved embryos goes up to 60-70% per cycle of stimulation of the donor.