NextGen carrier screening – way to succesful and healthy pregnancy
Health of the children - is the greatest value. But for all parents, even completely healthy ones , there is a possibility to bear a child with hereditary disease caused by mutations in genes. Each of us is bearer of several hereditary diseases. The danger arises, when both parents have a mutation in a single gene, and transmit them to their child. NextGen (Next Generation Carrier Screening) allows a comprehensive study of the genes based on a technology highly efficient sequencing - which allows all future parents in advance to find out their genetic status and to evaluate the risk of giving birth to seriously ill children . The unique test is the result of joint work by NGC clinic and ParSeq Lab (St. Petersburg). This analysis enables to identify clinically significant variations of inherited disease in the genes - especially the most frequent and severe, which can lead to early death or significant deterioration of the quality of life.
To whom NextGen recommened to?
- those who are planning the birth of a child
- If you have a family history of hereditary diseases
- If family’s history of hereditary diseases is unknown
- in the case of consanguineous marriage
- ethnic groups with an increased risk
- when planning IVF with a donor
- all donors in the program of assisted reproduction
NGC Clinic will help you to choose a donor of gametes with a known genetic status who has been examined using the NextGen test.
NextGen test - technology and capabilities
- based on highly efficient sequencing technology (NGS)
- aims to establish carrier status of the most often occurring and severe hereditary diseases
- identifies both known and previously described mutations, including genes with high population heterogeneity - familial cases
- has high analytical characteristics(Sensitivity 99% and specificity 99%)
- allows to determine the genetic status of the studied genes with a high degree of accuracy
- assigned once and is relevant for each subsequent pregnancy
Use of the NextGen test will allow you to significantly reduce the likelihood of birth of children with severe hereditary diseases.
Based on research the doctor geneticist calculates the reproductive risk and develops recommendations for each individual family.