Examination of the egg donor
According to the Russian Ministry of Health Decree N107n from 30.08.2012 "On the order of the use of assisted reproductive technologies, contraindications and limitations to their use" egg donors undergo a comprehensive examination to establish compliance with the rules.
The egg donors:
- Screened for blood group and Rh factor,
- Held once a year inspection by a therapist to give an opinion on the state of health and the absence of contraindications for surgery,
- Single pass inspection and the conclusion of a psychiatrist,
- Pass complete medical and genetic testing,
- Clinical and genealogical research,
- Other genetic inspections, if there are indications to this,
- ECG -1 times a year,
- Chest x-rays -once a year,
- A blood test for syphilis, HIV, hepatitis B and C - 1 time in 3 months,
- Research on gonorrhea, chlamydia, genital herpes, ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis, (cytomegaly - 1 time in 6 months.
Before each attempt to induce superovulation:
- A gynecological examination has to be conducted,
- Urinalysis is taken, clinical and biochemical blood tests are conducted,
- Analysis of blood clotting,
- Swabs taken on the flora of the urethra and cervix on vaginal cleanness.
According to the doctor's recommendation cytology is carried out on the smear from the cervix, usually - before each superovulation induction. Monitoring the health of the egg donor is carried out continuously, and the relevant tests are carried out according to schedule. Efficiency of programs with the use of donor material in our clinic is 64%, while the donor is provided on the same day, due to the extensive Cryobank database.